The peak of the Zlatý Chlum (875 m) dominates the field of Jesenicka, so it is not surprising that a hundred years ago entice observation towers builders. However, the important role played by another reality. In Jesenik (former Frývaldov) housed the headquarters of the Moravian-Silesian Sudeten Mountains Society and neighboring Grafenberg (now Jesenik Spa) belonged - certainly due to the fame of Vincenz Priessnitz - a popular spa locations.
The idea originated on the lookout position in the committee jesenicke section MSSGV back in 1894. It took another five years before they could join the project prepared by the Director stone school Eduard Zelenka. The construction of stone, 26 meter high tower, was entrusted to builder Aloisi Nitzsche. He led an honest and quick work, so that they in September 3, 1899 proclaimed the banner fluttering from the battlements opening of a new observation tower. Three years later, the tower was built next to the pretty chalet (called Medritzerova) all year round. Used to be very popular on winter ascents to the summit, where hikers came to look around a snowy landscape, strengthened in the restaurant and on the way back into the city used the toboggan run.
After World War II, interest in the complex on the Golden Chlum considerably waned. Cottage burned down in 1955 and lonely tower, left without maintenance, started to deteriorate. It was only in the 70s to the municipal office in Jesenik care of its reconstruction and its re-opening. Then also next to the tower was a small cottage, where you can receive a simple summer snack.